We are looking for a qualified full-stack Web Developer to join our existing development team at an exciting company. As we enter the next growth phase for our company, we need someone to join our team who is passionate about building quality, usable web applications and who has a drive towards making the web a better place.
As a Web Developer, you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment, working alongside internal teams to develop and maintain a combination of usable web applications built using the Laravel/Vue.js framework and services designed to support our mobile applications and digital ecosystem, including Lumen APIs. You will additionally be working with cutting edge scaling & containerisation technology, building inventive AI solutions and leading communications services.
The role, which is a work-from-home position, offers excellent opportunities and benefits within a very exciting field. We are all about customer service, and everyone here is not afraid to get their hands dirty to keep customers smiling – so if that is you, we need you!
The primary responsibilities of the Web Developer will include:
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional web applications & services, writing clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions (Working in a TDD approach)
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Liaise with other teams, and stake-holders team to plan & implement new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new protocols and approaches to web app development
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends
Additional responsibilities of the Web Developer include:
- Compliance with Company Policies
- Completing Employment Law E-Learning set in the Mentor Learn platform
- Compliance with Health and Safety legislation defined in the policies
Desired skills & qualifications
Ideally the person will have hands on experience with:
- Proven work experience as a Web developer, specifically with PHP & the Laravel framework
- Demonstrable portfolio of previous work
- PHP, Laravel (including Laravel eco system), Vue.js, HTML, CSS/SASS, JS, Webpack… other languages a huge bonus
- Experience with developing apps in a scalable, containerised environment
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with version control methods, tools and versioning practices, specifically Git
- Experience with writing various tests, as well as a knowledge of a TDD approach to development
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Excellent self-organisation & time management skills
- Occasionally attend meetings at the company head office, client sites or other locations, should the need arise
The characteristics we are looking for are:
- A ‘can do’ attitude!
- Lots of ambition to grow with the company
- Very good attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Communication skills that are out of this world
Salary is competitive and based on experience and skill level.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your C.V. with optional portfolio of work (link) to: [email protected]